MDConsults’ is world’s fastest growing, HIPAA compliant telemedicine platform, aimed at improving access to healthcare around the world. It helps connect patients in rural areas with the specialists in the urban centers for providing diagnosis and care, avoiding the need for travel to the hospitals. MDConsults empowers community based health providers and the patients to manage health in their home environments.
The HIPAA Compliance features of MDConsults provides confidence and security to its users. HIPAA compliance works on four basic rules:
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- HIPAA Security Rule
- HIPAA Enforcement Rule
- HIPAA Breach Notification Rule
In a nutshell, HIPAA requires a software to comply with the following things which MDConsults is doing efficiently:
- MDConsults has put administrative, physical and technical safeguards in place to protect the electronic patient Health Information (ePHI).
- It has reasonably limited the unnecessary use and sharing of information in order to accomplish the intended purpose of being HIPAA compliant.
- It has agreements in place with all service providers that perform covered functions or activities for you. These Business Associate Agreements ensure that the Business Associates use and disclose patient health information properly and safeguard it appropriately.
- It has procedures in place to limit access to patient health information, and implement a training program for health organizations about how to protect their patient health information.
MDConsults continues to provide simple solutions to complex problems. It stands out on all the requirements of HIPAA. MDConsults uses AES-128 Bit encryption technique, two step verification to ensure secured access to the software, and cloud storage without on any sort of hard drives. Thus it completely secures all the patient health information.
There is indeed a lot to digest when it comes to following all the rules and regulations of HIPAA but MDConsults excels in winning the trust of all its users by acting upon each and every requirement of HIPAA, and providing a highly secure platform for telemedicine to its clients.